This week, we’d like to offer a freebie activity from our Growing in Grace curriculum: the Freeze, Guys! Visuals and Activities!
Use Freeze, Guys! as a boredom buster:
- Play a song, and ask children to skate around the room to the steady beat.
- Stop the recording randomly.
- When the music stops, children freeze in the position of any of the twelve Freeze, Guys! Visuals you display.
Use Freeze, Guys! to teach different sections of a song:
- Choose a Freeze, Guys! Visual to represent each section of a song.
- Explain that when the music plays, everyone sways (shift weight from one foot to the other) to the beat. When the music stops, children should freeze in the position shown on the visual you are displaying.
- Play a recording of the song, stopping at the end of each section. Show the same Freeze, Guys! Visual at the end of the sections that are the same.
- Help children discover sections of the song that are the same and different.